I'm Punit Sethi.
Freelancing for 6+ years (total 13+ years experience), I have worked with web dev teams across the globe on architecting React frontends, improving web performance & scalability as well as building backends with the Strapi CMS.
Recent Client Projects
Backend Cloud Migration (AWS => Azure)
Migrated a Strapi setup from AWS to Azure services
Aug, 2023 - Sep, 2023
This Strapi setup (in production for 1.5 years) leveraged various AWS services (S3, Cloudfront, SQS, SES). The project involved:
Modifying code to leverage the equivalent Azure services (while handling Cloud provider specific differences).
Migrating the existing data & files from AWS to Azure.
Performing the storage migration (Terrabytes worth of data) with a minimal downtime via feature-flag driven development.
Undertook v3 => v4 upgrade for a complicated CMS setup
May, 2023 - July, 2023
This Strapi upgrade was more complicated than the ones I executed earlier:
The setup (in use since 2019) had many data inconsistencies (orphan records, foreign key violations) needing pre & post data-processing.
The large number of dynamic zones & relationships transated ~60 collection types into ~1k postgres tables being migrated.
The global all-remote team with members working in many timezones demanded prompt communication for a timely execution.
Angular Frontend Optimizations
Identified optimizations & mentored the in-house team on implementation
Jan, 2023 - Feb, 2023
Having worked with on this eComm org's site speed & scalability earlier, their CTO tasked me to identify & mentor the execution of industry best practices wrt. their Angular frontend:
- Identified the gaps in aspects like PWA push notifications, Angular universal implementation, in-the-wild error tracking among others.
- Mentored the org's in-house frontend team to implement the identified gaps.
Undertook data migration & customization for an Enterprise CMS setup
Nov, 2022 - Aug, 2023
Being the primary go-to backend person on this project, here's a few major items I have implemented so far:
- Undertook data migration to move from an in-house CMS to Strapi.
- Implemented a custom access-control for Strapi Rest APIs to securely serve sensitive data.
- Implemented single sign-on, custom plugins, integration with self-hosted search, etc.
Core web vitals Optimization
Improved site speed for a Wordpress based marketing site
Oct, 2022 - Nov, 2022
Other than improving the site speed, this engagement involved reviewing the hosting infrastructure & educating the team on site speed aspects:
- Introduced the Cloudflare CDN & Wordpress full-page caching to improve the server response speed.
- Configured image optimization + caching for faster image loading.
CMS Framework Selection
Undertook a proof-of-concept to identify suitable CMS framework
Nov, 2022 - Dec, 2022
Having worked on multiple initiatives for this B2C org, I was tasked to provide tech inputs wrt. selecting JS based headless CMS framework:
- Gathered must-have & good-to-have requirements from various stakeholders.
- Initial evaluation led us to Directus & Strapi for a more detailed PoC.
- Undertook a PoC implementation of the must-have requirements & provided the tech feedback.
Got a web-dev pain point?
I'm an independent dev specializing in web performance, architecture & scalability of React frontends as well as data migration, upgrade & customization of Strapi based backends. To discuss your web-dev pain point, email me at email@example.com.
Got a web-dev pain point?
I'm an independent dev specializing in web performance, architecture & scalability of React frontends as well as data migration, upgrade & customization of Strapi based backends. To discuss your web-dev pain point, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) 2017-2023 Tezify All Rights Reserved. Created in India. GSTIN : 24BBQPS3732P1ZW.